From promoting paid parental leave to raising awareness of the harmful effects of corporal punishment, our advocacy efforts aim to target and change policies of inequality. MenCare provides call-to-action platforms to guide partners in taking on local, national, and international advocacy efforts.
- The MenCare 50/50 Commitment is an initiative to accelerate men’s uptake of 50 percent of the unpaid care work by 2030, starting with 50 minutes more care work per day.
- Ending Corporal Punishment is an advocacy initiative targeted at institutions and policymakers to enact policies that ban corporal punishment as a way to discipline children and adolescents, focusing instead on the use of positive, nonviolent child-rearing skills.
- The MenCare Parental Leave Platform presents 10 ways to leave gender inequality behind and give our children the care they need by providing paid leave for parents.
- State of the World’s Fathers (SOWF) is the first report of its kind. It provides key global data on fatherhood and defines a global advocacy agenda for involving men and boys as part of the solution to achieve gender equality.
- The #HowICare Global Campaign is a data-informed social media campaign aiming to shed a light on the realities, difficulties, and disparities of providing care – specifically in caring for children, in order to advocate for additional support for caregivers – including the parents and care workers who are most impacted – during the COVID-19 crisis and beyond.