This video presents a summary of SIRP-Nigeria’s activities during COVID-19. SIRP-Nigeria embarked on:
– Training/Sensitization of women and young girls – especially survivors of female genital mutilation (FGM) and child marriage – on COVID-19 prevention strategies, in line with WHO and Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) protocols in Enugu State, Nigeria.
– Provision of personal protective equipment (PPE) – face masks – to women and adolescent girls.
– Training of more than 30 adolescent girls on how to prepare and use disposable sanitary pads, as menstrual poverty and lack of menstrual commodities are the greatest drivers of drop-out from schools by our young girls.
– Sensitization on Harm Reduction Strategy for drug users and a campaign against criminalization by law enforcement agents.
– Provision of food palliatives to poor women and girl victims of FGM and child marriage, and female drug users in Enugu State, Nigeria.
– Provision of hotlines that potential victims of child marriage and drug users can call, when they encounter challenges, in order to receive our immediate intervention.