MenCare to host webinar discussion on the impacts of lockdown mandates on household care dynamics and ways forward for policymakers and advocates.
Using data from the #HowICare Project, MenCare will host a webinar that discusses the impacts of lockdown mandates on and how policymakers and advocates can mitigate these negative impacts in future pandemics. Using the MenCare Commitment pillars as a framework, the webinar will relay the results from the Oxfam and Promundo-led rapid response poll to demonstrate how public and private institutions can play a tangible role in mitigating the harmful impacts of emergencies on household care dynamics and therefore must make a strategic effort to address this in both the short- and long-term.
Is COVID-19 moving us closer to equal? Engaging men to achieve equality in care work
Date: Thursday, June 18, 2020
Time: 8AM – 9:30AM EDT | 2PM – 3:30PM SAST
Registration Link: bit.ly/3d8UzYZ
- Fatema Z. Sumar, Vice President of Global Programs, Oxfam America
- Gabriel Corbo, Former-Director of Early Childhood Area in the National System of Care (Ministerio Desarrollo Social, Uruguay)
- Wessel van den Berg, Children’s Rights and Positive Parenting Manager, Sonke Gender Justice
- Line Christmas, Project Coordinator, Nordic Council of Ministers
- Mpiwa Mangwiro, Regional Campaigns Specialist, Sonke Gender Justice
- Gary Barker, President & CEO, Promundo