About the Policy:
Equimundo is committed to protecting your personal data, whether you are a supporter, researcher, visitor, or partner. Respect for your privacy is important to us.
This policy describes how we collect, use, and store personal data via our website, email marketing platform, and donations platform.
Who We Are:
Equimundo is a 501 (c) (3) nonprofit corporation organized under the laws of the State of California with our main offices located at 1367 Connecticut Avenue NW, Suite 310, Washington, DC 20036, United States.
1367 Connecticut Avenue NW, Suite 310
Washington, DC 20036
Phone: +1 (202) 588-0061
By using our website, our social media pages (such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc.), subscribing to our email list, donating to us, and/or requesting information, you agree that, unless you have set your computer’s browser to reject them, you consent to the cookies set out below, and to us using associated data in accordance with this policy.
How Do We Collect Your Information?
We may collect information about you when you interact with us. For example when you contact Equimundo, send or receive information to or from us, register for our newsletter, engage with our social media, or make a donation to us, you may provide us with your personal information.
We may also receive information about you when you interact with third parties with whom we work. For example, we may receive information about you after you have made a donation to us through a third-party website (e.g., NationBuilder and PayPal). We may collect information about you from publicly available sources through third-party subscription services or services providers.
We may collect aggregated or anonymous information when you visit our website or interact with our content. For example, we may collect information about the services you use and how you use them, like when you visit certain pages on our website; watch a video on YouTube; or interact on Twitter, Facebook, or LinkedIn.
What Information Do We Collect?
The information we collect from you directly or from third parties with whom we work, may include:
Bank account information for those who want to set up regular direct deposit
Credit card details for processing credit card payments
Taxpayer status for claiming charitable tax deductions
Date of birth or age to confirm you are over 18
If you have identified that you may want to, and have the capacity, to support Equimundo, we may use the information we hold to initiate further contact with you and to connect you with other key supporters of Equimundo. We may review other information about you that is available to the public through internet searches, social networks such as LinkedIn, subscription services, new archives or public databases, such as information about corporate directorships, shareholdings, published biographic information, employment and earnings, philanthropic interests and networks, charitable giving history and motivations, and relevant media coverage, so that we can engage with you in a more personalized way.
How Do We Use Personal Information?
We only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to receive an explanation as to how the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rights of EU Data Subjects:
You have the following rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. This includes the right to:
- Request access to your personal data. This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request a correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
- Request erasure of your data unless prohibited by law.
- Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain information or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw consent.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data or to exercise any of the other rights set forth above.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data. This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
To exercise your rights, please contact us at email@example.com.
Opting out of receiving information, emails or newsletters, or other material from us.
To opt out of any future information, emails or newsletters, or other materials from us, send an unsubscribe request to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Opting Out of Cookies
If you want to stop or restrict the placement of cookies or flush any cookies that may be on your computer or device, please refer to and adjust your web browser preferences. Further information about cookies is available at www.allaboutcookies.org. By deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies you may not be able to access certain areas or features of our website, or some of its functionality may be affected. Cookies and similar items are not used by us to automatically retrieve personally identifiable information from our device without your knowledge. (See more information about our Cookie Policies below.)
Opting Out of Location Tracking
You may also adjust the settings on your mobile device to allow or restrict the sharing of location information. If you elect to not share your location information, you may not be able to access some features of our website that are designed for mobile devices.
What is a Cookie?
A “cookie” is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer, if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary/technical cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They make traffic control possible from the server to various users at a time. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors navigate our website when they are using it. This enables us to personalize our content for you, and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognize you when you return to our website, the pages you have visited, and the links you have followed.